Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Moral at the End of the Fable

I was perusing oogaboogastore.com, and amid all the unattainable (for me, anyway) Opening Ceremony items, I saw this for $100:

Initially, I thought it was interesting, but I wasn't sure I'd pay $100 it. I clicked to find out more about it, and I discovered that this No. 6 Color Kit was actually a package of 10 shirts- of all different colors and all different shapes.

You can use as many or as little of the shirts together (the photo above is all the ten shirts together). Plus, you can layer them in various ways.

Here are some options:



Not only do I think this is a neat and unique idea, it's also ideal for money-conscious college kids like me.

If you like this as much as I do, check out more of Slow and Steady Wins the Race. I really love their mission: "to push and produce interesting and significant pieces from the simplest and most inexpensive fabrics and materials." Here's a sampling of their goodies:





Yes, those sunglasses have hinges.
And yes, those bags are supposed to look like Balenciaga and Dior.

7 comments:

Ali said...

ten shirts for $100? cool

Grace said...

i know right?!

Wendy said...

Its definitely a unique idea. The colors are bold and nice.

Anonymous said...

i love your blog! want to link up?

Grace said...

chinese fan girl.. you run urban audrey, right? i love your blog, too! let's link up, for sure!

Stephanie said...

wow those adjustable shirts are pretty cool! i love things with multiple uses, so practical.

bronwyn said...

I like the sunglasses, very different - not sure that I'd be brave enough to wear them though:)
Do you want to trade links, love your blog?