Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I Sing Myself

This is an embarrassing confession, but when I was younger I've spent too much time wishing I was taller, skinnier (don't we all?), blonde, and having an eye color other than poopy-brown. I was too plain.

I've (mostly) grown out of these insecurities, and try to appreciate and celebrate the way I look- after all, it's a part of my heritage, my history, and my culture.

So, in celebration of embracing myself, I'd like to share with you a Filipino model, Charo Ronquillo.


Top to Bottom: J. Crew ad (thefashionspot.com), Neon magazine April 2007 (Asian Models), Lacoste Fall 2006 (style.com), Nanette Lepore Fall 2007 (thefashionspot.com), Spectrum Women

While she won third place in Ford's Model competition in 2006, she seems to be MIA lately. Hopefully, we can see more of her in the future.

No comments: